Tuesday, October 14, 2008

FOUND POEM: FREEDOM ASSERTED

There is a turbulent intelligence emanating from a group of unlikely allies. I like to regard them as FREEniks.
.
. . . . . They re-verse
. . . . . the per-verse
. . . . . of the in-verse.
.
They have set off a trend. Blazing Cat Fur is a very good starting point. Link & lock, emit...
.
I am a free Canadian
I am a Canadian,
a free Canadian,
free to worship
God in my own way,
free to stand
for what I think right,
free to oppose
what I believe wrong,
free to choose those who shall govern my country.
This heritage of freedom
I pledge to uphold
for myself
and for all mankind.
. . . . --Prime Minister John G. Diefenbaker, from the House of Commons, Debates (on the Canadian Bill of Rights), July 1, 1960.
Click on image to enlarge

No comments: